The HP Deskjet F335 is a thermal inkjet printer with added scanning and copying capabilities, making it an attractive option for the home office user. The F335 can handle a variety of media, including photo paper, cards, envelopes and transparencies, and has a maximum print resolution of 4800 by 1200 dpi (dots per inch). If you have lost thesoftware that came with your printer, you will still be able to install your HP Deskjet F335 via a free download from the HP website. The procedure is straightforward; simply follow the directions below.
1. Go to the driver download page for the Deskjet F335 (see Resources below). Select your operating system from the listed options and download the files listed under "Driver." Note the location of the saved files.
2. Lower the paper tray and the print cartridge door. Remove any packaging materials that may be inside the printer; close the print cartridge door. Extend the paper tray guides, load paper into the paper tray, then slide the guides inward until they are flush with the edge of the paper.
3. Connect the power cord to the power adapter. Connect the adapter to the power port on the rear-right side of the printer. Plug the power cord into an available electrical outlet. Press the "On" button.
4. Open the print cartridge door and wait for the print cartridge holders to move into view. Load the print cartridges into their appropriate slots (tri-color goes on the left, black goes on the right); apply firm pressure to the cartridges until you feel them click into place.
5. Close the print cartridge door. An alignment page will begin to print automatically. Once the page has finished printing, lift the scanner door and place the paper horizontally on the glass surface, face down; align the paper with the bottom left corner of the glass such that the bottom of the paper is flush with the left edge. Close the lid and press "Scan."
6. Prepare to install your driver software. If using a Macintosh, use the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer prior to running the installer; if using Windows, do not connect the USB cable until prompted by the installer.
7. Run the installation software. Follow the onscreen instructions.